- Created a conducive environment for supplying forest products and forest-based goods and services in the market through simple, easy and sustainable basis.
- To conduct advocacy program for promoting the forest-based industry and trade-friendly environment, and
- To take an active role for supplying forest products and forest-based goods and services in the market via a simple, easy and sustainable way.
- To change forest crop into cash crop through government, community and private sector.
- To transfer forest products into necessary goods and national income as an important sector.
- Create a conduceive environment to develop forest-based industry and trade as descent and investment friendly enterprise.
- Based on the interest of forest products consumers, forests products and forest-based goods and services should be provided in the market in a simple, easy and sustainable way.
- Nepalese consumers should be able to get forest products and forest-based goods and services with ‘make in Nepal’ branding through Nepalese raw materials.
- Developed capacity to export forest-based products in semi-processed or raw materials through processing and value addition by Nepal.
- Involved intensively and responsibly in the forest and forest-based industry and trade.
- Adopted policy to increase forest products and enhanced productivity by all level of government.
- Capacitated all forest managers having the technology, process, and provisions for harvesting forest crops by maintaining high quantity, quality, and standards.
- Regulated forest products supply by ensuring easy, regular and legal basis.
- Maintained technology and provisions for promoting and maintain the quality of forest products.
- created a conducive environment for the effective presence of the private sector in the forest-based industry and trade.Six Working Areas
- Advocacy- It is conducted for ensuring rights and promotion of forest based-industry and trade
- Communication and Coordination- maintaining better networking, communication, and coordination with stakeholders
- Descent behavior with all professions
- Friendly environment for investment
- Institutional development for green growth
- Social corporate responsibility
Seven Organizational characteristics
- Organises General Assembly (GA) in every three years
- Formed Central Executive Committee and Other committees through General Assembly
- Nominated Chairpersons of each State and Kathmandu Valley Special areas as Vice Chairperson of the Central Executive Committee
- Formed Program Implementation Committee to carry out daily business
- Formed a special committee
- Formed a number of committees: Fiscal, Monitoring and Justice Committee, Discipline and membership recommendation Committees to regulate the activities of Central Executive Committee
- Formed District Organizations, Commodity organizations and Associate Memberships from individual basis.
Eight Collaborative Partners
- All level government and non- governmental organization
- Forest managers and Forest owners (Government, Community, institution and Private sector)
- Forest and Forest Products related National and International Organizations
- Industry and trade-related organizations
- Research and Academic institutions
- Technology development and extension related organizations
- Investment promotion related organizations
- Knowledge, Skils and Attitude (KSA) promotion related non-governmental organizations